The Brookings Public Library offers curbside pick-up service! We will be providing curbside pick-up Monday through Thursday, 9:30am - 7:00pm; Friday, 9:30am-5:30pm, including the noon hour.
How the service works:
- Visit our catalog here and sign in. You'll sign in using your library card number and the first 8 characters of your last name in lowercase letters. (If your last name is shorter than 8 characters, just use your last name in lowercase).
- Search for items you’re interested in. Once you find an item you’d like to borrow, click the “place a hold” button, located under the title.
- Please limit curbside requests to 10 available items per card.
- If an item says unavailable, it is checked out. You may still place a hold, and you will be placed on the hold list for it.
- If your account is setup to receive emails, you will receive an email notification when the items are ready. If you did not sign up to receive emails, a staff member will call you when your items are available for pick-up.
- When you arrive at the Library, please return your current materials to the book/AV deposits just south of the entrance doors. Return to your vehicle and call the Library at 605-692-9407. Please tell us your name and that you are here to pick-up your materials. Please remain in your vehicle.
- Library staff will set your materials on the sidewalk by the West doors. Please remain in your vehicle until the staff member has returned inside the Library.
If you do not have internet access, the Library staff will accept requests over the phone on a limited basis. Please only call to place holds if you cannot select items online.