Brookings Public Library card holders may check out a total of 25 items.
Check out periods vary according to collection, and some collections have additional check out limits:
- Board and Card Games: 4 weeks (limit of 1 game per card)
- Books: 4 weeks
- Books on CD: 4 weeks
- DVDs: 7 days (limit of 5 DVDs per card)
- Laptop Computers: 2 hours restricted to in-building use (limit 1 laptop per card)
- Launchpad Tablets: 7 days (limit of 1 tablet per card)
- Magazines: 4 weeks
- Maker Kits: 4 weeks (limit of 1 kit per card)
- Music CDs: 4 weeks
- Playaways: 4 weeks (limit of 5 titles per card)
- Wellness DVDs and Kits: 4 weeks (limit of 1 title per card)
High demand books are placed on either a one-week check out period or a two-week check out period.
Materials (except DVD's) may be renewed through our Online Catalog. Log in using your library card barcode and the first 8 characters of your last name in lowercase as the password. If you are having difficulties please call us at 605-692-9407.
The late charge for DVDs is $1 per movie per day late. The late charge for most other items 10 cents per day per item. You will be charged for postage for overdue notices as well.